Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost

[Halfway to the Gravel + Night Huntress #1 + Jeaniene Frost + Read Feb 2014 + 4.5★]

[Book Description]

Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

[My Thoughts & Favorite Quotes]

“Don't kiss me like a woman if you're going to treat me like a child.”

PARTNERSHIP + SILVER KNIVES & STAKES + BLOOD + LOVE

✳ I've read a few YA books lately and this was exactly what I needed. I really loved it!

✳ However... The first 20% was a little bit boring and I almost didn't finish it. I'm glad I've changed my mind once the vampire hunting got started, because Cat & Bones' novel is a story worth reading.

Cat - badass + funny + smart + strong - more important: Not annoying!
Bones - possessive + ruthless + sarcastic + sexy + sweet

Oh, and Timmie – totally adorable!

✳ I enjoyed the story line - a balance between action and romance.
✳ I loved the interaction between Cat and Bones - sexual tension + humor.

✳ They had me laughing out loud more than once

- the scene when Timmie pretended to be Cat's boyfriend and the one when they'd met Francesca - Hilarious!

(show spoiler)

“Timmie tried to be supportive during my mother’s “spell”. “That’s right, Justina!” he said more than once. “We’re going to knock those demons out and slay them with the power of Jesus. Hallelujah, can I get an amen?”

✳ The ending - intriguing twists and I couldn't stop reading. There were even a few tears :(
✳ Cliffhanger! OOOHHH! I'm going to read the next book very soon!

✳ Oh, just one thing I'm not sure I liked

- I was surprised by how quickly Bones told Cat that he loved her. Maybe if I could read his POV I would understand his reasons better.

(show spoiler)

"Kitten. I only thought I was living before I met you. You'll love me until you die? That's not nearly long enough..."